Senior Staff Accountant
About Vensure Employer Services
As a leader in the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) industry, Vensure Employer Services provides innovative solutions for our modern clients. At Vensure Employer Services, our highly trained staff and proven technology enables us to provide risk management, payroll, employee benefits and human resources administrative services efficiently and at a lower cost to our clients. Vensure assists with the responsibilities of managing your workers’ compensation, payroll, tax preparation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), insurance, unemployment claims, payroll taxes and all other employee-related issues, freeing up your time to manage your business. To learn more, visit http://Vensure.com
We are seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our Vensure team in Chandler, AZ. If you are a motivated, organized, detail-oriented professional and are experienced in providing services for full cycle accounting support within an Accounting division, then this may be the position for you. We are committed to providing quality service to our clients and are dedicated to our loyal staff. We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package.
Primary Job Duties
- G/L postings, fixed assets/depreciation, cost-center allocations, prepaid expenses, and accrued liabilities support.
- Daily cash reconciliation and assistance with cash flow monitoring.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and transactional review support.
- Process corporate AR transactions; including invoicing and payment applications.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly GL, AR, and Cash reporting.
- Assist in monthly close process and financial statement preparation.
- Assist with budgeting, financial statement, loan covenant, and variance analysis.
- Support and assist with tax reporting and compliance: payroll, property, sales, and income tax filings.
- Support and assist with AP, AR, and Tax functions and reconciliation as needed.
- Monitor and maintain integrity of the GL accounting system, specifically the chart of accounts and subaccount list.
- Correspond with banks and other agencies for issue resolution and responses to inquiries in a professional manner.
- Assist with preparation and responses for audits.
- Update and maintain policies & procedure documentation.
- Meet the contractual commitments to client(s) through timely and accurate reporting and issue resolution.
- Perform other job-related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Communicate effectively in individual or group situations including demonstrating active listening skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, using accurate grammatical form and able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Responsibilities as a Team Member:
- Takes personal responsibility for actions demonstrated through owning problems, problem solving, and not projecting problems or failures to others or the "system" if not warranted.
- Demonstrates excellence in work standards; is tenacious in completing tasks.
- Able to participate in solving problems and help make decisions based on the best information available by developing resolutions between parties.
- Works well with other team members and departments in a professional and friendly manner to accomplish mutual goals and prepare assignments on time.
- Able to ask for support and help as needed.
- Ensures effectiveness in processes to achieve/seek best practice.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for improved systems and efficiencies.
- A degree in accounting or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting, at both a transactional and analysis level.
- Experience with multi-company I divisional financials and job costing highly desirable.
- Experience with external and internal auditing and compliance preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strict attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills: Excel, Word and E-mail. MAS 500 experience is preferred.
- A high standard of integrity and sound business ethics.
- Ability to work effectively with other internal and external departments.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
What’s In It For You?
- Fulfilling Career
- Great Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Wellness & other Supplemental products)
- Competitive Salary with Growth Opportunities
- Generous PTO and 401k
- Comfortable, Family-Oriented Culture
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Supplemental products available
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Vensure Employer Services provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vensure Employer Services has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.