Workers' Compensation Claims Intake Specialist
About Vensure Employer Services
As a leader in the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) industry, Vensure Employer Services provides innovative solutions for our modern clients. At Vensure Employer Services, our highly trained staff and proven technology enables us to provide risk management, payroll, employee benefits and human resources administrative services efficiently and at a lower cost to our clients. Vensure assists with the responsibilities of managing your workers’ compensation, payroll, tax preparation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), insurance, unemployment claims, payroll taxes and all other employee-related issues, freeing up your time to manage your business. To learn more, visit http://Vensure.com.
We are seeking a Workers’ Compensation Claims Intake Specialist to join our team in the Chandler, AZ. The Workers’ Compensation Claims Intake Specialist is responsible for assisting the Claims Department with inputting new claims into Vensure’s own claim management system (Paragon), as well as reporting the loss to the appropriate insurance carrier/third party administrator (TPA). The work entails a detailed review of the correspondence submitted with a new claim, as well as a verification of coverage and employment. A detailed analysis is sometimes required in order to correctly ascertain the circumstances surrounding a new injury. The position works closely with our insurance carriers/TPA, clients, and medical facilities by responding to extensive e-mails and phone calls relating to new claims.
Primary Job Duties
- Reviews and analyzes all correspondence related to a new workers’ compensation claim
- After confirming both coverage and employment, inputs new claim into Paragon and reports claim to the correct carrier /TPA.
- Reviews complex claims with the appropriate coordinator or the claims manager
- Responds to extensive e-mails and phone calls from our insurance carriers/TPA, clients, and medical facilities regarding new claims
- Investigates situations where not enough information is known to correctly report the claim
- Assist in the claims department as necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Microsoft Office – Excel a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter with a proactive approach
- Six to twelve months of clerical or customer service experience
- Light bookkeeping/accounting or other administrative work experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required
What’s In It For You?
- Fulfilling Career
- Great Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Wellness & other Supplemental products)
- Competitive Salary with Growth Opportunities
- Generous PTO and 401k
- Comfortable, Family-Oriented Culture
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Supplemental products available
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Vensure Employer Services provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vensure Employer Services has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.